7 Categories And Advantages Of Modern Furniture In 2022
In terms of materials, our common modern furniture has the following 7 types: fabric furniture, hardware furniture, solid wood furniture, wood furniture, ceramics/stone furniture, bamboo and rattan furniture, plastic furniture.
1. Fabric furniture
- Definition: Fabric furniture is a new style of furniture that uses different types of textile fabrics, including cotton, linen, acetate, hemp, silk, polyester, polypropylene, acrylic, rayon, and nylon for interior furniture covering, indoor furniture production, etc., integrates the advantages of various types of furniture, and is more in line with the living habits of modern people. Common fabric furniture includes fabric storage cabinets, fabric filing cabinets, fabric nightstand, fabric porch tables, etc.
- Advantages: Rich in color, lighter in weight, easy to clean, cheap, breathable, and recyclable.
- Disadvantages: need to install
2. Hardware Furniture
- Definition: The furniture made of iron, aluminum, and stainless steel as the main structure, with wood, various manufactured plates, glass, stone, etc., and wrought iron furniture made of metal materials is collectively referred to as wrought iron furniture.
- Advantages: Green and environmentally friendly, no need to worry about formaldehyde damage without using composite glue. Fire and moisture-proof.
- Disadvantages: The texture is hard and cold, and the noise is loud, especially when used in the cold winter. It is easy to be frightened when it comes into contact with the skin. Loud and easy to rust.
3. Solid Wood Furniture
- Definition: Solid wood furniture is one of the oldest home furnishing varieties in the world. It is made of logs that are precisely cut and carved. Everyone loves its natural, primitive, environmentally friendly, and durable properties.
- Natural and environmentally friendly, full of natural and original beauty
- Long service life
- Precious solid wood furniture has the function of preserving the value
- It is easy to mold in places with high air humidity
- The water content is low, and direct sunlight should be avoided as much as possible when using, which is easy to deform and crack
- Attracting insects, it is a favorite habitat and breeding base for small animals such as cockroaches
4. Wood Furniture
- Definition: Refers to furniture made of medium-density fiberboard, particleboard, and other manufactured boards with surface veneer and other processes, and the price is low. Mainly used in cabinet products.
- Advantages: rich and diverse colors, very beautiful
- Compared with the natural gloss of natural wood, high-quality plank furniture also lacks a certain degree of authenticity
- Using glue to compound, it is easy to generate formaldehyde (the reasons for the generation of formaldehyde and the method of removing formaldehyde are linked). Before use, it should be placed in a ventilated place to dry for a while using
5. Ceramic/ Stone Furniture
- Definition: It is generally a furniture product made of natural marble or artificial marble as a tabletop, generally used for luxury modern style decoration
- Advantages: Rich in color, very elegant
- Disadvantages: cold texture, fragile
6. Bamboo & Rattan Furniture
- Definition: It is made of bamboo woven with simple and warm appearance, and the price is low.l
- Advantages: cheap price, versatile style
- Disadvantages: places with high air humidity are prone to dampness and mildew
7. Plastic Furniture
- Definition: Made of thermosetting plastics or thermoplastics, with bright colors and various shapes, light and small, very cheap
- Advantages: cheap, diverse styles, compact and lightweight
- Disadvantages: easy to change color, with weak tensile strength and short service life
Furniture is an important part of every home and plays an important role in our life. They will accompany us for quite a long time and record every moment of our life with us!
Which type of furniture would you prefer? Please leave your comment or contact us in social platforms Ins, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Youtube to share more ideas with us!